REMEDIAL COACHING FOR SC/ST/OBC (NON-CREAMY LAYER) &
MINORITY COMMUNITY STUDENTS
Remedial Coaching Committee
|1.||Mr. A.G. Padale||Chairman|
|2.||Mr. V. S. Phulari||Member|
|3.||Dr. Ms. M. S. Kharat||Member|
At a Glance:
- More than 200+ students benefited every year
- Experience and well qualified staff.
- Special attention towards weak and slow learner to improve their academic performance.
- Positive impact on Remedial Coaching Course Students in their Semester examination.
- Special library section for the course.
- Free of cost for all the students belonging to the SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) & Minority Community.
- Nominal fees for the students belongs to the General Category.
Subject taught & Coordinator for the Remedial Coaching in Arts Faculty:
- English – Dr. Balaji Nawale
- Sociology – Dr. Hanumant Misal
- History – Mrs. Vaishali Bagul
- Political Science – Dr. S. J. Kadam
- Economics – Mr. V. S. Phullari
Coordinator for the Remedial Coaching in Commerce Faculty: Dr. Sandeep B. Gaikwad
- Business Mathematics & Statistics –I,II
- Financial Accounting – I,II
- Corporate Accounting-I,II
- IT Application In Business III
- Cost Accounting – I,II
- Management Accounting –I,II
- Advance Financial Accounting –I,II
- Indirect Taxes & Direct Taxes-I,II
Subject taught & Coordinator for the Remedial Coaching in Science Faculty
- Chemistry – Mr. Sunil Tekale
- Botany – Dr. Pramod Sharma
- Zoology – Dr. Pravin Deshpande
- Physics – Dr. Atul Keche
- Empowering the slow learner to keep pace with academic challenges.
- To bring the slow learners together with good learners.
- To provide the remedy to the academic problems of the slow learners.
Aims & Objectives:
- To give special attention to the problems of slow learners.
- To improve academic performance of the slow learners.
It becomes difficult to stop the drop out when slow learners are not paid proper attention in their academic life. As an essential part of educational pedagogy and educational psychology, slow learners should be diagnosed with their problems and should be provided with proper remedies. Considering this vital fact, college has taken effective initiative to stop the drop out by bringing slow learners in the main stream of academic life.
It is regular academic process of the college to facilitate slow learners with remedial coaching related to difficult topics from the curriculum. Basic concepts are repeated and discussed so that they can get good command over them. It helps in their comprehension of overall curriculum.
UGC formally provided financial assistance for this in 11th Plan (2007-2012). It is still regular activity in the college. Remedial Coaching is provided free of cost to the slow learners irrespective of their social and financial status.
Record Keeping of Remedial Coaching
- All the records like time-table, attendance etc… are kept in the concerned departments.
- Teachers of the concerned subjects conduct the classes for remedial teaching.
- Semester wise planning of the remedial coaching
- Fifteen days per semester
- Continuous activity irrespective of financial assistance of UGC.
- Special Section of books in Central Library of the college.
- Audio-Video Lectures
- PDF Books
- Increase in students’ confidence and competence level.
- Better apprehension and comprehension of difficult topics.
- Students can interact with other quick learners without any hesitation.