Department of Chemistry
* Click on Name of the Faculty member for Personal Resume
|Sr. No.||Name of the staff||Qualification||Designation||Specialization||Teaching Experience||Research Experience|
|01||Dr. S.B Munde||M.Sc. Ph.D.||Asso. Prof. & Head||Organic Chemistry||28 Years||18 Years|
|02||Mr. G.B. Salve||M.Sc., B.Ed.||Asst. Prof.||In-Organic Chemistry||26 Years||02 Years|
|03||Dr. V.P. Pagore||M.Sc. Ph.D., NET, SET, GATE||Asst. Prof.||Organic Chemistry||09 Years||04 Years|
|04||Dr. V.B. Jadhav||M.Sc. Ph.D., SET NET-JRF, GATE, PDF (South Korea)||Asst. Prof.||Organic Chemistry||07 Years||14 Years|
|05||Mr. P.M. Jadhav||M.Sc., NET, GATE||Asst. Prof.||Organic Chemistry||01 Year||01 Year|
|06||Mr. S.D. Irale||M. Sc., B.Ed.||Asst. Prof.||Polymer Chemistry||08 Year||00|
|07||Ms. R.B. Chhajed||M.Sc.||Asst. Prof.||Analytical Chemistry||01 Year||00|
Department at a glance:
- Continuously increasing student strength (> 600).
- Consistency in good academic results (> 90%).
- Consistently increasing female student strength (Female: Male ratio increased from 0.38 to 0.49 during the Academic years 2010-11 to 2016-17).
- Three well equipped laboratories, chemical store, separate classroom and staff room.
- Exceptionally qualified faculty with Ph.D. degree, NET-JRF, SET, GATE and motivated with a strong commitment to teaching and research.
- One of the faculty members (Dr. V. B. Jadhav) has postdoctoral research experience at Seoul National University, Seoul, South Korea.
- Excellent environment of academic research (One Minor Research completed, One Major Research Project from DST-SERB and one Minor Research Projects are ongoing).
- ICT enabled teaching learning resources.
- Different instruments such as rotary evaporator with vacuum pump and chiller, sonication baths, UV-cabinet, pH meter, potentiometer, colorimeter, refractometer of academic and research use are available in the department.
- Good Departmental library.
|2.||Built up Area||2150 Sq. Ft.|
|3.||No. of Classrooms||01|
|4.||No. of Laboratories||03|
|6.||No. of Books in the Departmental Library||126|
||No. of Books in College Library||350|
||No. of Journals / Periodicals in College Library||02|
||No. of e-journals/e-books facility by N-LIST Program||97000 E-JOURNALS & 138000 E-BOOKS|
|10.||Internet Facility||Available-10 Mbps Capacity|
|12.||Intercom Extension No.||209|
|Sr. No.||Name of the Program||Course Level||Students admitted (2016-17)|
|04||Ph.D. in Chemistry||Research||–||–||–|
|Sr. No.||Name of the Research Guide||Recognized by (University)||Ph.D. Students||M.Phil Students|
|Completed||In Process||Completed||In Process|
|01||Dr. V.B. Jadhav||Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad||–||–||–||–|
|Total Research Student||–||–||–||–|
|Sr. No.||Principal Investigator||Minor/ Major||Topic/ Title||Funding Agency||Project Period||Remark
|01||Dr. V.B. Jadhav||Major||Synthesis and Biological evaluation of 4,6 disubstituted 2-functionalised 1,3,5-triazine hybrids for therapeutic importance||DST-SERB,
|02||Minor||Synthesis of Imidazo [1, 2-a] Isoquinoline Based Pyrimidinylsulfinyl Derivatives for Its Antiulcer, Anti-secretory Activity via Molecular Hybridization Approach||UGC||–||–||Sanctioned|
|03||Dr. S. B. Munde||Minor||Synthesis of Novel Heterocyclic Systems Bearing imidazo [1,2-a] pyridine ring Based Chalcones||UGC||–||–||Sanctioned|
Publications by the Department:
|Sr. No.||Name of the Teacher||Research Papers Published in Journals||Books Published||Total|
|International||National||State||Books||Chapter in Book|
|01||Dr. V. B. Jadhav||14||00||00||04||01||19|
|02||Dr. S.B. Munde||02||02||00||00||00||04|
|03||Dr. V.P. Pagore||08||00||00||01||00||09|
Participated & presented research papers in Conferences, Seminars, Workshops, Symposia etc:
|Sr. No.||Name of the Teacher||No. of Conferences/ Seminars||Total|
|01||Dr. V. B. Jadhav||03||02||00||06||05|
|02||Mr. G. B. Salve||00||04||00||06||12|
|03||Dr. V. P. Pagore||00||05||00||04||05|
|04||Mr. P.M. Jadhav||00||00||00||00||00|
Seminars/ Conferences/ Workshops etc. organized by Department:
|Sr. No.||National/ State Level etc.||Topic / Title||No. of Participants||Funding Agency||Duration|
|01||State Level||Effective Teaching in Chemistry||61||M.S.P. Mandal, Aurangabad||12-08-2012||12-08-2012|
Future plans of the Department:
|Sr. No.||Proposed Activity|
|01||To Start multidisciplinary collaborative projects.|
|02||To File Patents.|
|03||To provide industrial consultancy.|
|04||To organize National conference.|
|05||Proposal for Recognized Research Centre in Chemistry.|
|06||To start Post Graduate Course (M. Sc.) in Chemistry.|
|07||To start certificate course in Soil analysis and Food Adulteration in milk & Food Materials.|